AC Tune-Up Services
Comfort Star Emergency AC Repair is a company that offers AC tune up maintenance for your AC and heating equipment. At the beginning of the spring season, we recommend that all of our Comfort Star customers have an annual check-up and AC tune up of their HVAC equipment.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO GET AN ANNUAL TUNE-UP IF MY AIR CONDITIONER IS WORKING PROPERLY?
An air conditioner and its components are a major investment. Annual maintenance, usually done in the Spring and again in the Fall, is very important to insure that your system will continue to work at peak performance for many years. Annual maintenance will add years to your system!
What is done to tune-up an air conditioning system?
A trained Comfort Star technician will come to your home and perform a thorough check of your system, duct work, condenser and evaporator coils.
- Inspect and wash the condenser coil
- Check actual AMP draw for AC compressor against manufacture rating
- Check actual AMP draw for condenser fan against manufacture rating
- Check actual AMP draw for blower motor against manufacture rating
- Tighten electrical connection
- Inspect contactor
- Inspect start capacitor
- Inspect running capacitor
- Check safety control
- Clean and inspect thermostat for proper calibration
- Check for proper refrigerant charge(pressure, superheat and sub cool)
- Lubricate condenser fan motor and inspect fan blade
- Inspect blower motor and squirrel cage for cleanliness, lubricate motor
- Inspect evaporator coil
- Check return air chase, ducts and filters
- Inspect accessible ductwork for air leaks